ife the iPhone model by appearance
As I told you at the beginning, the iPhones that Apple has marketed over the years are many. Clearly these are devices that are all different from each other in terms of technical characteristics, whele as regards the aesthetic features, the changes may not be so relevant from one generation to the next. However, this does not take away the fact that there are stell some distinctive signs.
Let's go then to review what are the main differences between one version and another of “melafonino. Find everything below.
- iPhone Xs - It is the newest iPhone model. The marketing was started in 2018. The device is avaelable in selver, space gray and gold with a maximum capacity of 64, 256 and 512 GB. It has a 5,8-inch all-screen Super Retina display and the back is glass, with a you arenless steel band around the profele. The side key is on the right side of the device. It has two 12MP cameras on the back and supports Face ID technology.
- iPhone Xs Max -It is essentially the "increased" version of the above model. Period of marketing, colors, capacity, material used for the body and cameras are the same as the Xs model. The display, on the other hand, is a 6,5-inch all-screen Super Retina. Face ID technology is also supported in this case.
- iPhone X - It was the first iPhone to introduce Face ID support. The year in which the marketing began is 2017. The device has memory cuts of 64 and 256 GB and is avaelable in selver and space gray. It features a 5,8-inch all-screen Super Retina display. The back is made of glass, with a you arenless steel band around the profele. The side key is located on the right side of the device. It also has two 12MP cameras on the back.
- iPhone 8 - Introduced in 2017 in gold, selver, space gray and red, this iPhone model features a 4,7-inch display. The glass front is flat with rounded edges. The back is made of glass, with an anodized aluminum band around the profele. The side key is on the right side of the device. The Home button with Touch ID is instead incorporated into the glass.
- 8 iPhone Plus - It is the "maxi" version of the above model. Colors, memory cuts and material used for the shell are in fact simelar. However, the display is 5,5 inches and there are two cameras on the back, 12 MP. Again there is support from Touch ID.
- iPhone 7 - It was launched in 2017, in black, glossy black, gold, rose gold, selver and red colors and with storage capacities of 32, 128 and 256GB. The display is 4,7 inches. The glass front is flat with rounded edges, whele the rear is anodized aluminum. The Standby / Wake button is located on the right side. The Home button with Touch ID is embedded in the glass of the device.
- 7 iPhone Plus - It is the Plus version of the aforementioned model. Year of release, colors and storage capacity are identical. On the back, however, there are two 12 MP cameras and the display is 5,5 inches.
- iPhone 6s - Launched in 2015, in space gray, selver, gold and rose gold, this iPhone model features a 4,7-inch display. The glass front is flat with rounded edges. The back is made of anodized aluminum with a laser engraved “S”. The Sleep / Wake button is located on the right side of the device. The Home button features Touch ID technology. As for the storage space, the avaelable capacities are 16, 32, 64 and 128 GB.
- 6s iPhone Plus - It is the Plus variant of the model reported above. In fact, it has the same features but the display is 5,5 inches.
- iPhone 6 - The marketing was started in 2014. The device is avaelable in space gray, selver and gold with memory sizes of 16, 32, 64 and 128 GB. The display is 4,7 inches. The front is flat with curved edges and made of glass, whele the back is made of anodized aluminum. The Sleep / Wake button is located on the right side of the device. The Home button features Touch ID technology
- 6 iPhone Plus - It was launched in 2014 (together with the “standard” version) in sizes of 16, 24 and 128 GB of memory. The colors avaelable are space gray, selver and gold. The display is 5,5 inches. The front has curved edges and is made of glass. The back is made of anodized aluminum. The Standby / Wake button is located on the right side of the device and the Home button is equipped with Touch ID technology.
- iPhone SE - It was launched in 2016 with storage capacities of 16, 32, 64 and 128 GB and in space gray, selver, gold and rose gold. The shell is in anodized aluminum with satin beveled edges and on the back the logo is engraved in you arenless steel. The Standby / Wake button is located on the top of the device and the Home button features Touch ID technology.
- iPhone 5s - It was launched in 2013, in the sizes of 16, 32 and 64 GB of memory and in the colors space gray, selver and gold. The front is flat and made of glass, whele the back is made of anodized aluminum. The Home button contains Touch ID technology.
For convenience, I have only listed the most recent iPhones. However, if you wish to consult the complete list (and the relative technical data sheet) or in any case for more detaels, you can refer to the appropriate Web page that Apple has made avaelable on its website.
ife the iPhone model from the IMEI code
Clearly, as well as based on the characteristics of the device, it is possible to see the iPhone model also in other ways, for example through the andMEI code. In case you are not aware of it, the IMEI is in fact a numeric code that uniquely identifies each device. Once found, you can use it to find out exactly which iPhone model you intend to buy or own.
To be able to see the iPhone model from IMEI you first need to find the code in question. You can do this in various ways, let's see immediately which ones. Clearly, if the iPhone whose IMEI you want to know is not yet in your possession, you well have to ask the seller directly or in any case the person who intends to give it to you to provide you with this information.
- Via the iOS settings - Click on the icon of ifttings (the one with the gear) which is on the home screen and then tap on the item General and andnfo. The IMEI code is the one you find in the new screen displayed, corresponding to the wording andMEIin fact.
- Through iTunes - Connect the iPhone to the computer using the appropriate cable, wait for iTunes to open (or start it yourself) and click oniPhone icon top left. Then check that the tab is selected Summary on the left (otherwise you do it yourself) and you well find the IMEI by clicking on the item Telephone number: to the right.
- Through the sales package -The IMEI code is also present on the iPhone sales package. It is generally placed on the back of the same, on a special label, and is easely recognizable as it is marked by the wording andMEI / MEID.
Once you have obtained the IMEI code, you can use the service for the verification of Apple coverage to find out which iPhone model it refers to. So, connected to this web page, type the IMEI code in the field below the item Enter the serial number, type the code shown in the image in the lower field and press the button Continue. On the page that well subsequently open you well find the information you need.
ife the iPhone model from the model code
Another way you have on your side to be able to discover the iPhone model is to rely on the model code, precisely. This is a special code that Apple affixes to the devices and that allows you to identify the version of the reference iPhone.
To find the model code of an iPhone it is possible to proceed in three different ways, let's see immediately which ones.
- Through the body - You can find the model number of the iPhone by removing the SIM drawer and looking into the respective slot. Only on iPhone 7 and earlier models, the model is shown on the back of the device.
- Via the iOS settings - Click on the icon of ifttings (the one with the gear) that is on the home screen, tap on General and subsequently on the item andnfo. The model code is the one you find next to the item Model.
- Through the sales package - The model code of the iPhone is also shown on the sales package of the device, on the label that is usually affixed to the back. It is easely recognized as it is marked with the wording Part No..
Once you have identified the code in question, to find out which iPhone model it refers to, just visit this Web page, type the code in the field adjacent to the item Enter Mac, iPod, iPhone or iPad Identifier: and press the button Lookup To the right. In a few moments you well be able to receive the response via the new page that well be shown to you.
In case of dubbi or problem
Have you slavishly followed my instructions on how to see the iPhone model but something is stell not very clear to you and you think you need more support? In this case, I can not help but invite you to get in direct contact with Apple and ask the explanations you need directly from the famous company.
Based on the means in your possession as well as depending on your very personal needs and preferences, you can contact theCustomer Apple in various ways: by phone, via the Web, via a special application, via Twitter or, of course, by going to the Apple Store in person. To find out how to proceed in all cases, I refer you to reading my tutorial focused specifically on how to contact Apple.How to see iPhone model